Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Template Changes to Blogger

I have been working on making template changes on this test blog. I had a template that I had all customized then I made one too many changes and they whole thing blew up and I found out I didn’t have a recent backup for it.

So now it’s gone.
I really like Blogger.com there are a lot of really good features:
  • Makes a backup for all your work.

  • Can email in each post for easy publishing

  • Format is good
But on the down side, I really like to have my Google ads imbedded in the article, and as far as I can tell there is no way to do that with Blogger.

And looking at my statistics it really does make a difference if you put the Google ads in the sidebar, or if you put a boarder around them.

Either one of these will really cut down on the number of people who see the ads.
I have figured out how to place the ad between the title and the text if I only put one post on each page then it will work.  
I am not sure what that will do to the click through ratio, I guess I can put up one and see how it works out.
    
9-7-05
Now I am reposting this with Microsoft word, it really works good.
I was very surprised how useful this program is.

Now I can do all my posting to blogger from Word

I can even pull up documents and edit them.

No comments: